Buying a home isn’t for the faint-of-heart. In fact, you need to be ready to take charge of the whole experience if you want to be successful.
Take Charge when Buying a Home
Going into the process armed with all of the knowledge you need is the best way to shop—and purchase—confidently.
Here’s what you need to know:
- How much house you can afford
- Where to find the best loan terms
- How much money you need to save
You also need to know some basic real estate lingo. Finally, you have to be confident that you’re working with a skilled ABR Orlando real estate agent who knows what she’s doing and has your best interests at heart.
Once you’ve built up your reservoir of knowledge, you’re ready to tackle the biggest part: preparation.
How to Get Ahead of the Game
Start by gathering all of your bank statements, tax returns and pay stubs. It’s best to go back at least 24 months, but if you can only come up with 12 months’ worth, that will be okay, too.
- Get a copy of your credit report. You need to know what your credit scores are so that you’ll have a heads-up on what kinds of terms are fair for your situation.
- Gather documentation about any assets you have, including investments.
- Avoid making major purchases before or during the loan approval process.
- Ask questions. As soon as you have a question, ask your real estate agent. She’ll give you the answers you need so that you’re able to make the right decisions.
Remember, this is about you and your needs. You’re going to own your home, so you need to own the process that gets you there.
Ready to Talk about Home Ownership?
Call us at (407-529-4621) or fill out my easy online contact form. I’ll be able to start searching ABR Orlando real estate homes for what you need and walk you through the entire process from start to finish.
How Much Home Can You Afford
How Much Do I Have to Save to Buy a Home
A Short Guide to Real Estate Lingo