If you’re buying a home for sale in Orlando, there’s a big move in your future – and these three tips can save you quite a bit of time and money.
3 Moving Tips to Save You Time and Money
Whether you decide to move yourself or hire a moving company to handle the job, there are plenty of ways you can save time and money – but three of our favorite tips are:
- Start early and work often
- Get rid of what you don’t need
- Work from lists
Moving Tip #1: Start Early and Work Often
As soon as you find out you’re moving, get to work. If you’re hiring movers, get a date. If you’re doing it yourself, start picking up boxes, packing paper and tape. You’ll be able to pack smarter after you follow Tip 2.
Plan to spend a day packing each room, and give yourself extra time for rooms that have delicate or fragile items.
Moving Tip #2: Get Rid of What You Don’t Need
Make a trip through each room. What haven’t you used in a year? Six months? If there are items hanging around and taking up space, ask yourself if you need them in your new place or if you’d rather have the money from selling them (or the satisfaction from donating them).
The more items you get rid of before the move, the less you’ll have to unpack in the new house – and you’ll have the freedom to change things up a bit in your new home, too.
Moving Tip #3: Work From Lists
Moving requires a lot of work, and it’s really easy to forget important things. Making a checklist or printing this one can make sure you’re on the right track for a smooth move.
- Book your moving truck or schedule your movers
- Pick up packing supplies
- Have high-value items insured
- Organize school records if you have kids
- File your change of address with the post office
- Notify important parties (like creditors and magazine subscriptions)
- Forward your medical records to your new provider, or at least obtain copies of them for yourself
- Refill your prescriptions for the next several weeks
- Pack suitcases of essentials
- Defrost your freezer before you move it
Are You Looking for a Golf Course Home for Sale in Orlando?
We’d love to help you find your dream home in Orlando, so when you’re ready to explore your options, call us at 407-529-4621.
In the meantime, check out these communities:
- Homes for sale at Alaqua Country Club
- Homes for sale at Bay Hill Club
- Homes for sale at Heathrow and Legacy Clubs
- Homes for sale at Isleworth Country Club
- Houses for sale at the Country Club of Orlando
- Real estate listings in Sweetwater Golf and Country Club